High website traffic due to clicks on links or selling goods online is the key to success and stable income of the company. To make money on a website, you need to bring it to the top of search results. And this can be a difficult task. On the way there will be obstacles, due to which progress may become impossible. To fix problems, there is an SEO site analysis , how to do it – we will tell below.
First, you will learn what SEO is and how to get into the top search engines.
SEO site analysis – how to get to the top
To be in the top for key queries is a great success, as thousands of sites are fighting for the first places. It is worth clarifying that some requests are highly competitive. How to evaluate the competition? If the attendance rate exceeds 10 thousand per month, then it is considered competitive.
This is easy to check: we go to wordstat.yandex, enter the request “buy a smartphone” in the line, do not forget about quotes and exclamation marks, and we are shown the result of approximately 26 thousand clicks. Now we will use the Mutagen service, it is able to calculate the competition. The final figure turned out to be “more than 25”, an example in the picture below.
For successful promotion, the indicator should be in the region from 1 to 5. All keywords that provide solid traffic are actively used by companies, and it is quite difficult to try to get customers for these queries, even if you fulfill all the promotion conditions and analyze the site in advance from the point of view SEO . It remains to choose requests with small and medium rates per month, they are also called low-frequency (up to 1000 per month) and medium-frequency (1000-5000 months). The procedure for selecting queries is called “creating a semantic core”, we will return to it later.
Let’s say the list of topics is prepared, the next step is to write articles and publish them on your web resource. The main thing is to observe the interval between publications, if you post too often, then the topics will end quickly, on the other hand, a long break between publications will negatively affect promotion. Search robots will visit the site less often. The site should be updated with new content evenly every two days, then the search engines will see a constant update.
The list of publication topics is prepared in advance so that there is always something to write about. Topics are selected from the semantic core, which also needs to be assembled in advance. For these purposes, there are wordstat.Yandex and keyword-planner services from Google. In wordstat, you need to use exclamation marks and quotes when entering queries, in Google this is not necessary.
The selection of the semantic core is done at the very beginning, before choosing the subject of the site, then keywords are collected and the development of the project and launch on the Internet begins. Further materials are being prepared for publication. We analyze the site seo when the project is launched and indexed.
To raise the authority of the site, you need to think about how to keep visitors on the page. The time spent on the site is one of the ranking factors.
You should make it easy to navigate and place links in articles that lead to other articles – this is called relinking. After reading the text, the user will go to the next page, the transition itself and the time are taken into account by search engines, and the website will start moving to the top.
An additional way to delay the reader is to add breadcrumbs, giving them the opportunity to go back. Example in the picture:
As articles are written, the website will grow, it is not recommended to keep all the material on one page, it is advisable to make pagination.
Content design is important for promotion. The title title should be well-written and contain the keywords that are found in the article. The title of the article will appear in the search results.
The h1 (heading) tag should appear once in the text and be located at the very beginning of the page. Keep the hierarchy first h1, then h2-h6 (subheadings). The text itself should be made attractive in order to interest the user.
The description meta tag is a description that will be displayed in the search engine snippet. We add interesting text to the tag to encourage the user to make a transition and do not forget to insert keywords that will be used in the article itself.
Basic rules for compiling a snippet.
- For each page, a unique snippet, no repetitions.
- The title of the article should not be added to the snippet.
Text formatting. There are several rules for how to write text:
- Avoid “sheets” – long sheets of text without formatting. It is better to break the text into paragraphs of 4-5 sentences.
- Use lists to make it easier for users to read your articles.
- Add meaningful keywords to maintain readability.
- Highlight important points with colored blocks, so it’s easier to familiarize yourself with the content. Example in the picture:
Image optimization – use a graphic editor to reduce the size and maintain adequate image quality.
In each img, you must add the alt attribute and keywords.
The navigation menu is made up of important links only. Not enough space? You can make a drop down list.
Close links leading to third-party resources. If there is a need to place a “link” to another site, for example, in the case of writing a review of the program, when you need to indicate the official website for downloading software. In this case, add the rel attribute and nofollow. This attribute will tell the search engine not to follow the link.
site `s map
Sitemap – there are two types of xml and html.
1. Xml is required for search bots to find new content faster. It is especially convenient if the article is too far away and hard to reach for the PS. It is added to any folder, you need to specify the path in robots.txt (a special document used by search engines, a full example is located below in the article).
2. Html – custom sitemap, comparable to the content of the book. It allows readers to quickly find the information they need. Usually the link to the html sitemap is located in the navigation bar.
This type implies the placement of external HTML links leading to the webmaster’s resource. Sites that link to another website are called donor sites. The conditions for selecting high-quality resources are ideal indicators for all parameters: attendance, ICS and trust. If you get a link on one such resource, then the position of the website will improve, and the position in the issue will grow.
Let’s take an example: a student wrote a scientific paper and published it on the Internet. It was read by two people. The first is a professor with a worldwide reputation, the second is another student. Both liked the work, and they shared a link to the material. So, a professor’s link is considered more valuable than another student’s link. In SEO, the same rules work, so we choose popular sites and look for ways to put our links there.
Before placing on a third-party resource, check xtool, if Yandex or Panda Google AGS is imposed on the resource, then we ignore such sites, they can harm promotion.
Free traffic sources
Social networks – Facebook, Vkontakte, Twitter and others.
Forums – they are created to ask questions on various topics. If you manage to write the question correctly and add an html link, then you will be answered. In other cases, when the owner of the website deliberately focuses on his project and writes what interesting articles he has, the posts will be deleted, and the offender will go to the ban. So you need to wisely publish posts on the forums.
Guest articles are one of the proven and most reliable ways. The owner of the resource personally negotiates with the administration of the promoted portal about the proposal to write an article for them, and they will allow you to place a link in it. An article must be interesting and unique to be accepted.
How to format links? There are two ways to insert an html link, these are anchor and non-anchor. What is the difference.
- Anchor – the webmaster specifies the title of the article. It will appear in the link titles.
- Anchorless – are accompanied by ordinary words, they do not carry a semantic load: “here”, “here”, “there” and so on, sometimes they simply indicate the url-address of the site.
Search engines index non-anchor links well, as they are considered more natural. For successful promotion, you should divide the link mass of 30% – anchor and 70% non-anchor.
Here we have described the main steps that any seo optimizer must perform in order to promote queries to the top. Now let’s make a plan.
A Simple SEO Checklist
Suppose the site is already launched, we begin to perform the following stages of promotion:
- We compose the semantic core, for these purposes you can use the key collector, wordstat.Yandex and “Google Keyword Planner”.
- We write articles and arrange content according to the rules: we break the text into paragraphs, add keywords, use lists, insert pictures with the alt attribute.
- We fill the blog with ten articles. We respect the interval and publish every two days.
- We do relinking, if you need to promote a specific article, then put several links to it, and do not forget to combine other articles with each other using links.
- We expect indexing, and to speed it up, we add web links to the xml and html sitemaps.
- We start pages on social networks and publish new articles, thus, the speed of indexing search engines will increase.
- We regularly write interesting content and post on the blog.
- After a month of work, we are looking for donor sites, these can be any popular sites with high traffic. To get the maximum positive effect, select resources on similar topics, for example, if the blog is about cars, then forums where car brands are discussed are suitable here. We also find websites that are allowed to publish “guest articles”, with the help of which you can attract new users and increase blog performance. On some resources it is allowed to post a link to your site for free, here is a list of such sites: dtf , vc , pikabu , Tjournal , spark .
- To be in the top, you need to regularly update the content, so there should be a commenting form so that users can leave messages. Usually visitors are reluctant to write comments, news sites are an exception. To motivate the posting of comments, a rating system should be introduced, where users with the largest number of comments will be identified. The first three winners will receive a reward at the end of the month.
- Subscribers – so that visitors visit regularly, you should add a form where you can subscribe to updates. A mailing list with a proposal to read the latest article will come to the mail. This is a great opportunity to send an offer to buy a product or use a service. The motivation to subscribe can be different, for example, interesting material, a video course or a book in pdf format for free.
- Share on social networks. If you add social media buttons, traffic will increase, readers will share interesting content on their pages and attract new users. The tool is useful because no additional steps are required. Install a social media widget, and for 700 people who visit the web resource daily, you can get 100 additional ones.